Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Prelude to War



     I've posted as many chapters as I'm going to post from my book.  So, on my my writing days, I will try to share something I've learned that day from what I've written.  

     Today I was writing about Apoc trying to get Erai back.  It's been difficult because I wanted to make this a turning point for their relationship.  It made me think of how difficult love can be.  Even if things are going perfectly, it seems like there is always something trying to make things difficult for the couple.  I'm sure all of you can relate to this.  The relationship may be perfect, but it seems like the couple has to stand together against the universe.  I think there is a force out there that does this on purpose to make the couple bond.  I know a lot of cynics out there think that it's all in the young lover's head, but everyone seems to experience this. 

     I know that my wife and I have had our share of ups and downs, but all of the challenges have only brought us closer together.  It doesn't even have to be drama, or fake stuff.  When you find your significant other, your lives become intertwined.  You begin to take on one another's trials.  You share your lives.  There are twice the problems, but the two of you get to face them together.  This builds depth in both of their lives, and it also brings them closer together.

     It's my hope, as I'm writing, to be able to recreate this with my fictional characters.  I want to make people feel their love, make it real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment