Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Resolutions



     Happy New Year, everyone!

     2015 was a tough year for me.  I didn't get accomplished most of what I wanted to accomplish, and I'm going to make some changes to prevent a repeat in 2016.

     New year's resolutions are just goals.  To achieve a goal, there are all sorts of books, with all sorts of steps, advice, and psychological reasoning to help you succeed.  One of the main things they all have in common is to announce your goal.  It makes the whole thing real, and puts a little more pressure on you to follow through, so here's my 2016 New Year's Resolutions list.
  1. Post every day on my blog.
  2. Write every day in one of the three books I'm writing.
  3. Get ready for the day every day. (I know... gross.  When I'm sick, throwing up, dizzy, and whatnot, sometimes I just lay in bed all day, and don't even shower.  I need to make this a goal because even if I've had a seizure, showering and getting dressed does wonders for my psyche.)
  4. Finish book 3 Prelude to War 
  5. Have book 3 beta read, and then professionally edited.
  6. Write and send out query letters for book 3 to try my hand at the traditional publishing world. (I've enjoyed self-publishing, but I would like to know, first hand, how the professionals do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment