Thursday, March 12, 2015

Passing of a great writer




     Terry Pratchett passed on today.  There is a great article about his life and passing here.  He was an incredible writer who inspired me when I was at the tender age of 15 and read his first book The Colour of Magic  for the first time.  They have since made a silly movie about it, which, of course, doesn't begin to compare to the book.

     Pratchett wrote over 70 books, of which, I'm embarrassed to say, I've only read 5.  His parody-type writing is memorable, as are his characters, and the wonderful flat world he created on the back of a turtle floating through space.

     Looking through his collection of works makes me realize how little I've read from him, despite liking the books I have read.  And his range seems to branch out into all sorts of subject matter.  I may be grabbing a few books from Amazon over the next few days.

     Pratchett, you will be missed.  Thank you for your humor, and nonsensical wit.  You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment