Saturday, December 19, 2015

NaNoWriMo



     So, as you can see, I won NaNoWriMo this year!  I wasn't very good at updating my word count every day, but I got 54k words in November.  I know, December is almost over, so this is really old news, but I'm posting this anyway.  It's a pretty significant accomplishment for me considering the year I've had.

     This year has been a nightmare for me.  I lost my license, tried going without seizure meds for a while which really messed up my ability to think and process information because I was having seizures every other day, and then had to re-acclimate  to the meds when I started taking them again.  I have been scatterbrained most of the time for the last year, at best, and incoherent for days at a time while I was off my meds.  It's only been the last couple of months that I've been able to think clearly enough to write.

     I'll be trying to get back on track with the blog.  I have a wait list of hundreds of books to read and review, a bunch of movies to review, and of course I need to finish my third book.

     I'm looking at what is popular right now in the movie and book world, and I'm really excited.  Fantasy is making a comeback, so I have a better chance at connecting with an audience.  Money would be great, but I think what I need more than anything is to have my work appreciated.  I want an audience.  I like what I write, and I'd like to share that with people.  I have a story to tell, but I've often felt that I'm just shouting it to the void.  So, my goal for 2016 will be to build an audience by interacting more with all of you.  The writing is only half the job.

     I would love to hear from you.  Please feel free to comment, question, share, and reblog anything.  I'd love to hear from you, and am looking forward to starting a conversation, hopefully about a shared interest in the world of the Fantasy genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment